Sunday, August 12, 2007

Thank you, Governor Ritter


This evening I could not find a seat in Mass.

It was standing room only, and so I stood. What a joy it was to witness the people of Denver coming together in communion to break open the Word and bask in the Glory of our Lord. Families of all ages tended to their children, young people genuflected before the Holy Tabernacle, teenagers raised their voices in song chorusing the Heavenly angels, and the elderly lifted their eyes to the sky- in viewing this varied congregation, I found myself so thankful. Thankful that you sent this Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church and thankful that you have charged us to reveal her Glory.

I continued to survey the crowd: mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends, all walks and colors...and there I saw the Ritter family, out of the corner of my eye. Praising Him together in glory, and laughing together in love. I saw the man who has been elected to govern this state. A man who, with his family, respects life, respects all human dignity and respects the Holy Catholic Church. Of course, he is not perfect, but neither am I nor anyone else I know. So, I am thankful Lord, that we have such an honorable man and such an honorable family standing before the people of Colorado, helping to lead and guide.

Thank you, Governor Ritter for saying "Yes!" to the call!

No comments: